Liberty Tournament Info.
Liberty University Debate Team
Mon Nov 3 13:20:46 CST 1997
Some Important Information For those attending the Liberty Tournament:
1) There will be early registration for the tournament on Thursday evening
(November 6) from 7-10 pm at the Ramada Inn (Tournament hotel). Check with
the front desk for the location of early registration. Please register
early if possible as it makes Friday much easier for the tab room.
2) Bring your basketball shoes. The gym will be available for basketball
starting on Thursday evening at 7:00 pm and throughout the tournament.
3) Early entries are appreciated. Since we provide lots of food, we need
counts of people for the banquet and our sponsors. Also we have a limited
number of rooms. "First come, first served." Those who enter early will
get in. Those who wait may not get in.
4) Teams dropped after Wednesday at 11:59 pm will still be charged the
entry fee because of our food service. I must provide them with an
accurate count on Thursday morning and I get charged for that number even
if they don't eat.
5) I need extra judging and hired judges. Please indicate on your entry if
you are willing to judge extra rounds.
6) We will televise the Penn State-Michigan game on a very big screen
(provided I figure out a way to get pay-per-view piped into DeMoss).
7) There will be a District VII coaches meeting on Friday evening (Gordon
Mitchell will be posting information on the meeting).
8) I have revised the schedule for Saturday after being convinced that a
tournament our size can unfairly penalize teams by lag powering two rounds.
We will only lag power round four and will power pair rounds three, five
and six off of the immediately preceding rounds. The new schedule for
Saturday, November 8
7:30 am Continental Breakfast and pairings at DeMoss Hall
8:00 am Round 3
10:00 am Round 4
12:00 pm Lunch (provided by the tournament)
1:30 pm or ealier Round 5
4:00 pm Round 6
6:30 pm Banquet w/ Dr. Falwell
I apologize for the hotel and any incovenience they may have caused. When
the hotel changed to Ramada, many of the staff also changed.
I will post a team list on Wednesday and will continue to update it through
See you in Lynchburg.
More information about the Mailman