Babylonian Bear (was Re: To Dr. Berube, Mortician)

RACE --- race
Wed Sep 24 12:20:37 CDT 1997

Michael Bear Bryant wrote:

> In a message dated 97-09-24 11:51:54 EDT, The DarkLord writes:
> The final nail was driven by the NDT when it decided to debate  our
> policy    < topic.  Finishing touches have included opting for the
> < 9-3-6 format, etc.
>
> Wow! I thought you and Tuna were at the forefront of promoting most of these
> changes. Frankly, many of these changes are ones that offer the most hope of
> moving beyond the petty organizational biases of the past. Progress is slow,
> I'll admit, but there are clear signs of rapprochement. So are you really
> going to stand behind the insinuation that 9-3-6 is the floral bouquet on top
> of the casket containing CEDA? Or that convergence between NDT and CEDA has
> "killed" CEDA?
>
> Dave, I really do respect you. I don't, however, respect the rhetorical
> choices in your post and I hope that you can understand why. If not, then we
> really are in trouble...
>
> Bear,
> hey, not all of us can live the glory of changing the world...some of us are
> just working to keep ahead of Babylon-on-the-corner...

Dear babylonian bear,

i just have this image of a huge Trojan Horse rolled into some CEDA
meeting and NDT warriors flying out.  So perhaps CEDA has soul-searching
to do - but Achilles and Hector both had their faults.  Perhaps a joint
developmental conference would be in order.  The search for the soul of
Ceda or Ndt should be an enlightening thread to follow while gazing out
at the Moon.

david rhaesa
salina, Kansas