fixing the wrong problem (changing CEDA)

Alfred C. Snider asnider
Thu Sep 25 08:55:46 CDT 1997

>Another message that will probably be ignored.
>
>Kelly Young

Kelly, I think you and others are being heard.

My posting has pleaded for comments from all programs, especially those who
have complaints. I have tried to outline the message I have been receiving
on these issues -- a form of response I learned in grad school: "What I
hear you saying is....".  Glenda Treadaway has done a survey of member
schools about format ideas and choices, and we are using that data. I ask
anyone interested in helping Glenda to contact her.
[treadwaygj at conrad.appstate.edu] I have asked her and her committee to work
on this project over the next three weeks. My lengthy report from the
Summer meeting listed the work of this committee and their ideas.

Whatever you may think of past CEDA, this is now. I want to work with
others on this and other issues. I want to hear, to understand, and to help
make proposals which can stop the loss of member schools.

I appreciate your feedback very much.

Thanks.

Tuna

Alfred Charles Snider -- "Tuna"
Edwin W. Lawrence Professor of Forensics, University of Vermont
Mail: Box 54225, UVM, Burlington, VT 05405-4225
Phone: 802-656-0097, Fax: 802-656-4275
+++++
President, Cross Examination Debate Association 1997-98
http://debate.uvm.edu/ceda.html
+++++
DEBATE CENTRAL:  Debate's Biggest Website
 http://debate.uvm.edu/