East Regionals

Christopher D Rutledge cdr2
Sun Feb 21 23:51:12 CST 1999

Anyone have the results yet?

Wondering who broke/won/got speaker awards.
Sarge

>From  Mon Feb 22 08:28:49 1999
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 1999 08:28:49 -0600
To: Team Topic Debating in America <EDEBATE at LIST.UVM.EDU>
From: Scott Jensen <jensensc at WEBSTER.EDU>
Subject: Our Prayers to Cameron and Richard Smith's Family
Comments: To: pikap-l at nicanor.acu.edu, parli-L <parli at willamette.edu>,
 IE-L at CORNELL.EDU

I was saddened to hear of the passing of Richard Smith.  I have come to
know him over the years as a firey competitor and coach with a real
drive to serve his students and this activity.  We did not always see
eye to eye, but on one point we did agree...serving students through
forensics is a labor of love, and teaching is at the heart of that
effort.  I respected his principles for what he thought was right, and
his tenacious defense of those principles...always in the best interests
of his students.

Our family is dealing with unexpected and profound medical problems
right now with my mother-in-law.  I can appreciate the shock and
difficulty found in losing someone dear to you, especially when it is so
unexpected.

Please accept the good wishes and prayers from me, Gina, and the Webster
forensics program.  His legacy will live at Cameron, in Pi Kappa Delta,
and in our activity forever.  If only the authors of those legacies
could live as long...

So sorry for your loss,
--
Scott Jensen
Director of Forensics

314-968-7439--office
jensensc at webster.edu

Check out Webster Forensics!!!
http://gorlok.cjb.net
http://www.geocities.com/collegepark/center/5311/

"I am a Bear of very little brain and long words bother me."
        --Pooh Bear

"Is a dream a lie if it don't come true?"
        --Bruce Springsteen

"I refuse to accept the idea that the 'isness' of man's present nature
makes him morally
incapable of reaching up for the 'oughtness' that forever confronts
him."
        --Martin Luther King, Jr.