The Pejaver Debates at MTSU

Krueger mkrueger
Thu Apr 20 15:30:17 CDT 2000

Ok, after much shuffling of dates...

MTSU will be hosting the Fourth Annual Pejaver Debates on the campus at
Middle Tennessee State University October 6, 7, and 8, 2000.
The Pejaver Debates will offer 6 rounds of preliminary competition and
appropriate elims on the 2000-2001 CEDA topic in Open, Junior Varsity,
Novice, and Non-Policy Divisions (we'll keep trying).

MTSU will also be hosting the Cosmic Country Breakdown Revival as part
of the Cumberland to Appalachia Swing with Appalachian State
University.  We will have all the normal IEs and Open and Novice Parli
debate.

I hope that there is no major conflict with IE tournaments.  If I am
stepping on IE toes, I wish to apologize in advance.

There will be tournament co-hotels.  The usual hotel will be where the
tournament is centered:

The Shoney's Inn
1954 S. Church St.
(615) 896-6030

$47 flat rate, cut off date is September 21, and be sure to ask for the
"MTSU Debate Tour" block.

The co-hotel is the:

Garden Plaza (the hotel of the 2001 CEDA National Championships)
1850 Old Fort Parkway
(615)895-5555
$70 flat rate, cut off date is September 15, and be sure to ask for the
"MTSU Debate" block.

The Garden Plaza has limited availability (October is a busy time in
Middle Tennessee), but I do know that some teams will want to stay
there, since it is the tournament hotel for CEDA Nationals.

Thanks and hope to see you in October!

Take care,

Mike
--