From Stefan: New HS Topic/New Hitchhiker Web Site

Jason Regnier jason
Mon Jan 17 00:06:59 CST 2000

Significantly checks abuse... ;-)  Thats the funniest thing i've heard all
day.

Jason
-----Original Message-----
From: Vermont Debate <debate at ZOO.UVM.EDU>
To: EDEBATE at LIST.UVM.EDU <EDEBATE at LIST.UVM.EDU>
Date: Friday, January 14, 2000 5:34 PM
Subject: Re: From Stefan: New HS Topic/New Hitchhiker Web Site

>On Fri, 14 Jan 2000, Jim Haefele wrote:
>
>> --
>>
>> On Fri, 14 Jan 2000 11:18:24   Paradigm wrote:
>> >http://www.oneparadigm.com/hitchhiker/home.html
>> >
>> >The new HS topic has been announced.  The topic is:
>> >
>> >Resolved: That the United States federal government should significantly
increase protection of privacy in one or more of the following areas:
employment, medical records, consumer information, search and seizure.

>> Are you kidding me?  This is as bad as it gets.
>> A new standard has been set for topics that are completely and totally
huge and unwieldy.  "Consumer information" AND "search and seizure"
!!!!?????  What, the entire internet revolution wasn't enough, and the
entirety of crime fighting wasn't enough, either?  Drug legalization?
Topical.  Encryption?  Topical.  Genetic research?  Topical. Miranda?
Topical.