[eDebate] Plea for Random Judging

Joel Rollins jd.rollins
Mon Sep 30 12:42:08 CDT 2002

I am in agreement with Jeff, except that I would like to know the
feasibility of striking a certain percentage of the judge pool.  I know that
at a small tournament, such as districts, this is an impossibility.  But is
there a "magic number" or percentage of the pool that a team could strike
and still make the tournament work?  or what about a 15% strike pool through
the first 4 prelims and then once a team is out that they have 10 or so
strikes that are always in effect.

joel