[eDebate] Topic committee process

Martin Harris mharris02
Mon Apr 10 23:38:55 CDT 2006

   I think you would be hard pressed to find more then a handful of people that are not serving/have not served directly on the topic committee that are more vocally supportive of the process/committee then me.  Any brief perusal of the archives can find dozens of posts by me defending the committee against claims of elitism/smokey backroom deals.  That being said, I would like to propose a change to this years meeting.

   We have streamed the final round of national tournaments on more then one occassion.  Can some of the powers that be tell me what it would take to do this for the meeting in KC this summer?  Probably all I would need is a guaranteed internet connection to carry the feed.  I can look into the logistics of equipment.  I have access to an iSight and a Mac powerbook, and the technology shouldn't be beyond my prowess if I do some research.  Maybe Tuna could give me guidance on how he has done this before?  I don't know, but it seems to me that it is high time we take a shot at it.  Not that I care to give ANY creedence at all to this patently silly notion that people are some how excluded from the process, but maybe it is time the committee take the next step and make the meeting a larger internet teleconference.  How about it folks?  If I show up with the research and the tech to do it, will the CEDA EC provide me with a net feed and permission to run the meeting live?

Martin Harris