[eDebate] Topic Committee/topics/summer meeting

Darren Elliott delliott
Tue Apr 11 08:40:00 CDT 2006

Hey everyone,

Neil is right.  I am barely coming up for air.  I am hosting the Community College Nationals here in KC right now and am surrounded by 500+ students and coaches and hiding out here in the tab room to type this email.

1.  The list has been flooded with topic relevant emails.  I will try and wade through them next week and as a topic committee member provide feedback.  If nothing else, I can have my press secretary brief me--we get one of those as an EC officer right? : )  I just want the community to know in addition to the research we are doing on the topic areas we are certainly going to be paying attention to community input, just perhaps not instantaneously.

2.  I am working on securing a live internet feed for the meeting this summer.  Some expressed hesitation about this at CEDA.  I am not sure the reasons for concern are a reason to not do it.  The meeting is open after all and were it nor for geography and money everyone in the community could attend--I see no reason to not webcast it.

Off to a team meeting before Round the 1st!

chief

Darren Elliott
Director of Debate--KCKCC
CEDA 2nd VP Elect