[eDebate] Job Announcement - ADOD Position - Kansas State University

Justin Green kstatedebate
Wed Apr 12 13:53:07 CDT 2006

Melissa Newton spent this past year as the Assistant Director of
Debate at Kansas State University.  She has announced her application
for Directorships at another school.  On behalf of K-State debate, we
want to thank her for her hard work, dedication, and love for the
Wildcats as an alumn, a coach, and an eternal friend of the program.
Because she is such a strong candidate and because of the timing in
the year, we have decided to advertise the job.

Below follows the official job announcement.  Although not explicitly
stated in the announcement, driving is not a requirement.  I also have
an FAQ about our debate team, Manhattan, and the department; I would
be happy to forward it to anyone interested.

OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT:

Temporary Instructor
Assistant Debate Coach
Kansas State University is offering a one-year temporary
instructor/debate coach position in the Speech Communication Division
for the 2006-7 school year, with the possibility of renewal.

Duties will include teaching a variety of undergraduate service
courses, including public speaking, small group, interpersonal and
business and professional speaking, as well as serving as an assistant
debate coach for the debate team. This will entail traveling with the
team, judging, leading research efforts, recruiting and assisting in
the administration of the program. The individual must be willing to
work with all experience levels (Novice, JV, Open) and non-traditional
students.

Candidates must have their MA completed before the fall 2006 semester
begins. Collegiate teaching and coaching experience is preferred. The
salary is competitive.

Candidates must submit two letters of recommendation, a vita/resume
and a letter of application to the committee chair, David E. Procter,
SCTD, Nichols 129, Kansas State University, Manhattan, KS 66506.
Screening of applicants will begin immediately, and will continue
until position is filled.

Kansas State University is an equal opportunity employer. KSU actively
seeks diversity among its employees.

BEYOND THE OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT
The debate team receives substantial support directly from the
President.  We have a roster of 20 debaters to start next year across
all three divisions and graduate only one senior.  We are a squad who
seeks both to win and have fun debating.  If you are not interested in
either of the two, please don't apply.

For those of you who don't know, Manhattan, KS is a phenomenal place
to live.  Housing is cheap.  Aggieville with many eating and drinking
establishments offers entertainment across the street from the school.
 It is very possible to walk to the school, entertainment, and home.

This department has incredibly nice people.  They reason, they don't
dictate; they are more than willing to explain.

Please feel free to contact me directly if you have further questions.