[eDebate] Jackie--It's Been a year now still no topic

Fri Apr 14 00:58:03 CDT 2006

Ya know Jackie, I have usually only asked the team running a K for one thing:
Give me an alternative to the reality you are kritiking.

Philosophy 101, yes it is old school, says that an individual advancing a
criticism of the status quo world view, should be required to present an
alternative, even if it is utopian. Hence, Marx gives us Communism in response
the critique of capitalism.

All I ask of you is to give me a resolution that you would have your students
debate all year.

It is a simple request. Unfortunately, I don't think you can come up with jack
shit for a resolution that would be any better than what the topic committees
come up with. From what you have said, the best I can surmise would be
"Resolved: I feel------- about __________." Is this what we are going to have
students debate?

Scott