[eDebate] best card not published in time for NDT/CEDA

Brian M. Smith Brian.M.Smith
Sat Apr 15 10:45:46 CDT 2006

Economist, 4/12/06
(http://www.economist.com/world/asia/displaystory.cfm?story_id=6803939)

Such niceties are important to Mr Hu. Like Mr Bush, he is under pressure at home. The party is beginning to gear up for its five-yearly congress next year and Mr Hu needs all the authority he can muster to ensure that he succeeds in placing his prot?g?s in key positions. As in America's Congress, there is growing anxiety in China about the impact of globalisation. Mr Hu wants to look strong in the presence of Mr Bush. This means not appearing to capitulate to America's trade demands.

Too bad we didnt have the same inside deal with the Economist that we apparently have with Stratfor.