[eDebate] New Community College Program Announcement

Weston, Marna marna.weston
Thu Apr 20 13:14:11 CDT 2006

Debate team 'reconstituted'

Gainesville, Florida's Santa Fe Community College (SFCC) will have an active,
competitive, traveling Speech and Debate Team again starting in Fall 2006.
Students from all Santa Fe campuses are eligible to join. The program will
offer regional and national travel.

Over the 2006 summer terms, the Speech and Debate team will offer training
sessions in the 15 Speech and Debate events we will compete in (and possibly
inter-squad scrimmages with some of our peer educational institutions). Many
students will have some previous experience in formalized public speaking from
participation in civic organizations, places of worship, or school clubs, such
as high school forensics, drama, 4H, FBLA, Student Government, dual enrollment
in SPC 2600 at SFCC or American Legion Boys and Girls State, however, no
previous experience is necessary.

Contact: Marna Weston, Speech and Debate Faculty Adviser,
marna.weston at sfcc.edu or, 395-5323 ext. 6327