[eDebate] JOB ANNOUNCEMENT - Assistant Director of Debate Position - Kansas State

Justin Green kstatedebate
Thu Apr 27 14:13:43 CDT 2006

The hiring committee has now determined the date of MAY 8TH as the
start time for our screening.  Any applicants are encouraged to have
all of their materials in at that time.

OUR TEAM

We have a roster of 20 debaters next year.  Lost only one senior.
Travel a regional and national travel schedule.  Manhattan is a great
town to live in and the university truly loves debate.  We improved 35
spots in the NDT Rankings this year, and only expect to do better.  If
you are interested in enjoying debate, teaching others, and winning,
we encourage you to apply.  If you have questions or concerns, please
do not hesitate to contact me.

Justin Green

OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT

Temporary Instructor
Assistant Debate Coach

Kansas State University is offering a one-year temporary
instructor/debate coach position in the Speech Communication Division
for the 2006-7 school year, with the possibility of renewal.

Duties will include teaching a variety of undergraduate service
courses, including public speaking, small group, interpersonal and
business and professional speaking, as well as serving as an assistant
debate coach for the debate team. This will entail traveling with the
team, judging, leading research efforts, recruiting and assisting in
the administration of the program. The individual must be willing to
work with all experience levels (Novice, JV, Open) and non-traditional
students.

Candidates must have their MA completed before the fall 2006 semester
begins. Collegiate teaching and coaching experience is preferred. The
salary is competitive. Candidates must submit two letters of
recommendation, a vita/resume and a letter of application to, Justin
Green, SCTD, Nichols 129, Kansas State University, Manhattan, KS
66506. Screening of applicants will begin May 8th, and will continue
until position is filled. Kansas State University is an equal
opportunity employer. KSU actively seeks diversity among its employees
and seeks employees who value diversity.