[eDebate] ADA business meeting

John Katsulas katsulas
Fri Apr 28 07:33:16 CDT 2006

I'm re-posting the information for the ADA business meeting because the deadline for submitting proposals to change the rules and/or the constitution is next Friday, May 5th.  The information for attending the meeting appears below:

American Debate Association

April 3, 2006

Dear Colleague:

The annual May business meeting of the American Debate Association will be held on Friday, May 19th in Beachwood, Ohio and hosted by our Vice-President, Brent Brossmann of John Carroll University.

Items on the agenda for this year?s meeting include the election of officers, the selection of a 2007 host for the ADA National Tournament, and proposals for changes to the Standing rules and/or the Constitution.

According to the ADA Constitution, all proposed changes to the Standing Rules or the Constitution must be received by the ADA President no later than two weeks prior to the date of annual business meeting. Therefore, I would request that you send me electronic copy of any changes to the Rules or Constitution by Friday, May 5th. Please e-mail your proposals to me at katsulas at bc.edu Motions received after the deadline may be considered only by a suspension of the rules. I will distribute copies of the proposals to the membership as quickly as possible.

Please make your own hotel arrangements by calling The Clarion Hotel at 216-831-5150. The Clarion is offering a rate of $72.00 per night, including a continental breakfast. Ask for the ADA Business Meeting bloc. The hotel is located at 26300 Chagrin Blvd., Beachwood, OH 44122. Take exit 29 off 271 North, and the hotel is on the left.

In addition to the meeting, we will offer a golf outing on Thursday, dinner at the Hyde Park steakhouse (which I highly recommend) on Thursday evening, and a Cleveland Indians baseball game on Friday night (Indians vs. Pirates, 7: 05 pm start time). If you plan on playing golf, eating dinner, or attending the baseball game, please contact Brent Brossmann as soon as possible. Brent?s phone number is 216-397-4365 and his e-mail address is brossmann at jcu.edu

If anyone has questions or concerns, please give me a call at 617-552-4298 (office) or 978-766-5329 (cell).

I hope to see everyone at the meeting!

John Katsulas
ADA President