[eDebate] NDT COMMITTEE ACTION ITEMS IN EVANSTON

Morris, Eric R EricMorris
Fri Apr 7 11:05:25 CDT 2006

I'm now confused as well. Recall all these items passed under time pressure in the waning minutes of the NDT Committee meeting. It does not lead to a good decision making approach. I'm not convinced that everyone who voted in favor of the Mancuso rule understood what it does.

If I were a rep, I would have perceived I was voting on two proposals (in this order).

1. (Mancuso) Limiting the number of non-undergraduate researchers to TWO. Those TWO also have to be in the judging pool.

2. (Lupo) Requiring that
a. non-competing coaches must be in the pool for FOUR rounds, and that
b. non-competing student workers must volunteer to scout for FOUR rounds.
** With an option to tell the tournament in another way, at the tournament director's discretion **

I thought 2b had passed, as part of the Lupo proposal. As I re-read Karla's notes, I'm not sure. If not, then the Scouting DA is looming large...

Dr. Eric Morris
Asst Prof of Communication
Director of Forensics
Craig Hall 363A