[eDebate] CEDA Nats--The good, the bad, and the ugly

Ken DeLaughder kenedebate
Fri Apr 7 13:39:45 CDT 2006

RIGHT ON... I thank Neil for posting this, I got caught up in the NDT rule
discussion, and I hope this important point does not get lost.

Some of the behavior I saw at CEDA was ... well... ugly.  I think as
Directors we need to take some time to talk to our debaters about the
importance of not being assholes and destroying the hotel.  If you want to
trash your room, they'll charge you, but if you start destroying the
hotel... yeah.

If we claim to talk about the disadvantaged, its been said before, but talk
to the hotel workers.  I did, they were really angry about all the policing
of beer bottles they had to do, all of the broken glass, all of the pictures
ripped down in the elevators.  COME ON folks.. ripping down pictures in the
elevators?   I saw people throw bottles in the parking lot and take off...
what the hell?

My team was discussing how if they weren't with the tournament, they'dve
gottan a free room with all the BS that was destroyed.

Some comparisons... UTD held their portion of the swing at that hotel.. SAME
FACILITY... and there wasn't that problem.   This was just stupid.  I like
staying at Westins... I like the facility... but a few people who are being
obviously destructive keep us from using facilities.

I know people have fun... have it... but don't destroy stuff.  If you wanna
run your cap K.. stay on the sidewalk near Jack in THe Box, the rest of us
like the nice hotel.  I bet you do too.

I hope it doesnt impact the NDT!

Ken D.