[eDebate] Rules about Eligibility: A contradiction?

Duane Hyland privethedge
Sun Apr 9 13:35:16 CDT 2006

<< A student's participation in individual events shall not count against his/her eligibility to compete in debate, and vice versa. >>

  Could someone who knows this rule possibly e-mail back to me what it means? Does it mean that if you do x number of years of extemp, lets say, that you can still do Y number of years in debate? So...if you took a year off of IE and only did debate, would you be able to get that year back in IE later on?

  I would appreciate an inerpretation as it will settle a long standing argument.

  Thanks, Duane

"If all mankind minus one were of one opinion and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that person that he, if he had the power, would be in silencing mankind
 If the opinion is right, they are deprived of the opportunity of exchanging error for truth; if wrong, they lose, what is almost as great a benefit, the clearer perception and livelier impression of truth, produced by  its collision with error." John S. Mill

"Have a Cluckity, Cluck, Cluck Day"