[eDebate] ???Overturning Roe v Wade????

Steven D'Amico stevendamico
Mon Apr 10 11:40:03 CDT 2006

I'm really confused by this post. I see to two different points. The topic
process is not open (fair opinion, while I disagree with it) and debating
roe v wade is bad for women in debate.

My opinion is that it's about time the community debates roe. Not because
it's a womyns issue (which it obviously is) but because it's a timely issue
which is about to be adressed by our government. Remember all those SC
nominations?

Nicole, I'm not trying to be a patriarchal asshole (I've been accused of it
before, I like to point out I'm just an asshole to everyone, not just womyn)
But I just do not understand this statement:

"I will WITHDRAW my squad's participation in NDT/CEDA debate without
hesitation next year if Roe vs. Wade is included on the ballot.  I am sick
over the extent in which this "activity" has no respect for women and fear
the effects on female participation if Roe v Wade is included."

I do not understand how including Roe means the community has no respect for
Women. Please explain it to me. If the lack of this fact seeming obvious to
me is an indication of me being a patriarch or whatever, tell me why so I
can understand.

Confused in D.C.

-Steve D'Amico