[eDebate] ???Overturning Roe v Wade????

nrichter at umsis.miami.edu nrichter
Mon Apr 10 12:15:49 CDT 2006

I think the idea of the topic process being open assumes an idealized
Habermasian notion of communication. You assume that men and womyn have equal
access to using their voice in this space. Some womyn do not feel comfortable
speaking to an entirely male topic committee. There is a power relationship
that silences some womyn or undermines their ability to feel comfortable
speaking in this space. I believe you that your opinion may not have been
devalued at these meetings, but I don't think you have made an argument about
why that is equally true for womyn.

Quoting Mikedavis13 at aol.com: