[eDebate] ???Overturning Roe v Wade????

Kuswa, Kevin kkuswa
Mon Apr 10 13:19:20 CDT 2006

Debating against Roe does not mean you have debate against abortion or
women's rights.

On a resolution advocating overturning a decision recognizing the right
to privacy a few years back, we had some luck overturning Roe and
Webster to protect reproductive freedoms under equal protection, not
privacy.  Hester is right here.

Thus, debating Roe is not as one-sided as it seems.

This does not address the lack of representation on the topic committee
OR THE FACT THAT WE CONTINUE TO HOLD on to the patriarchal notion that
the USFG IS THE BEST/ONLY agent possible.  To me, that is a MUCH bigger
sign of the matrix of oppression suffocating the topic process than
whether we debate privacy and reproductive rights.

Kevin