[eDebate] ???Overturning Roe v Wade????

Andy Ellis andy.edebate
Mon Apr 10 13:41:55 CDT 2006

To me this is about cooption--while we pat ourselves on the back for the
nuanced and creative ways we defend overtunring roe, we might as well pat
the right on the back for cooking that kinda crack up and say way to go, our
faith in our communities ability to delibrate has given you a new venue with
which to push your crazy agenda...i cant believe that many of you are
removed enough from the real world to think that args about the freedom of
abortion coming with the repeal are likely to do anything outside of the
rarefied halls of wherever the hell you come up with these crack pot
ideas...come on people nicole is right about this, when roe is overturned it
wont be for more abortion right or more privacy...thats not the secret ailto
plan...hey i know we will really overturn this so we can have more
abortion...what world do you live in?... Kathryn what about your legal
traianing allows you to be totally blind to politics?...I think its great
that you all have the faith in our community to contribute to this important
social discussion in a meaningful way but the risk that we fuel  rightwing
forces bent on their own special kind of revolution probably outweighs the
small benefit we get...especially if those on the left are advoacting that
topic as a way to avaoid the actual political climate...