[eDebate] ???Overturning Roe v Wade????

dbteam dbteam
Mon Apr 10 13:12:12 CDT 2006

the only argument why the scenario played out in point #1 is any different
than an anarchist judge who "has to" vote for a plan that advocates gov't
action is founded on an implict hierarchy in which one person's values are
assumed to be more important and 'more deeply believed' than another's. the
anti-abortion judge (yes, they exist) would have to "deny" their own beliefs
to vote AFF on the kind of "progressive" privacy topic advocated by some in
this thread.

as for point #2, am i crazy for thinking that an 18-year old who has had an
abortion whose FIRST or PRIMARY or MOST TRAUMATIC experience with the
arguments of anti-abortion come from a debate round rather than a) their own
research into the matter, b) protesters outside the clinic, c) the news, d)
friends or relatives who disagree with their decision has mal-devlopment
issues that run waaay deeper than getting their life values challenged in a
debate round?

hester