[eDebate] [CEDA-L] FW: NDT Prefs

Ross K. Smith smithr
Tue Apr 11 15:22:21 CDT 2006

Everyone, please, please, please fill out this ordinal information.

The current argument is that we cannot make substantial changes to the
number or size of pref categories at NDT because we cannot afford to
turn this important tournament into an experiment.

That's a good argument.

But there are also arguments that the pref system could be improved.

The only way to test that proposition is to have a set of accurate
ordinal information.

With ordinal data, one can then run simulations of different numbers of
and sizes of categories. One can even test use of ordinal-only.

Please, take the half-hour or so and do this.

In the future it will save you time and headache and improve judge
assignments for all who will debate at NDT in years to come.

There is never a "good" time to have to do this. There will never be a
better time. So do it now.