[eDebate] Final Thoughts on Roe

Jane Munksgaard jane.munksgaard
Wed Apr 12 11:24:23 CDT 2006

I have nothing but the utmost respect for both the Nicoles but I have some
problems with the latest post.

I also don't want to see Roe on the ballot unless the wording allows for
topical actions like changing the grounds used to justify Roe (Equal
protection vs privacy for example).

But the idea that we should not debate about abortion because people in the
debate community may have had abortions if difficult for me to accept.

Should we not engage  in debates that discuss rape? child abuse? adoption?

if you really have a hard time discussing the case and you're negative you
can choose to avoid it. CP, run some k, go for t, give the land back,
whatever. tons of people manage to get by entire seasons without ever
debating the topic.

Jane