[eDebate] Final Thoughts on Roe

Donald Bryson anabaptist
Wed Apr 12 12:02:19 CDT 2006

I can see that Roe v. Wade is a viable POLICY debate.  I can also see the analogies from China's One Child Policy to Roe v. Wade, but as with all topics we should be careful.

1. Will ALL judge be able to put aside their own political views?  As always, no.

2. Will this lead to more personal debates? Yes.

3. Is there the risk that some debate will get out of control?  Absolutely.

We have these risks every year.  As Sarah Snider implied, why can we talk about these issues in other countries and not our own?  The truth is, that we can but when issues become more personal the debate have a higher risk of becoming more out of control, more emotional, and less fun.

I'm not saying whether this is right or wrong, this is just how it is.

Donald Bryson