[eDebate] RE-OPEN THE DEBATE ABOUT SWITCH SIDE DEBATE

matt stannard stannardmatt
Thu Apr 13 13:11:55 CDT 2006

I will address the ethics of switch sides, including an on-point treatment
of the Hicks and Greene article, next Tuesday at the event posted below.  I
will publish my lecture online after delivering it (I will also give the
same lecture next Thursday at UW's Casper campus).  mjs

Faculty Senate Speaker Series
Spring 2006 Award Presented  to
Matt Stannard, University of Wyoming Director of Forensics and
Lecturer in the Department of Communication and Journalism

Tuesday, April 18, 2006, 3:00--4:00 p.m.
Wyoming Union Family Room

?Deliberation, Debate, and Democracy in the Academy and Beyond?

Matt Stannard will discuss recent advances in deliberation theory and
argumentation, and the implications of that research for fostering greater
dialogue and participation in both academic and public life.