[eDebate] Courts Topic?

dbteam dbteam
Mon Apr 17 11:51:45 CDT 2006

i want to make sure this issue raised by sarah and elaborated upon by dallas.

knowing that there would be at least one resolution under a Courts topic area
that wasn't a "list topic" makes it attractive to those schools that prefer
their resolutions sans lists. dallas' post is strong support for the claim
that such resolutions can be crafted and do generate predictable and
defendable negative ground.

if Courts is the chosen topic area, the resolution ballot should include
nonlist options. in fact, this is true of all the areas.

is it possible to get some confirmation from the topic committee that -
whatever topic area i selected - there will be nonlist resolution options on
the ballot? if this is feasible for some areas, but not others, can we make
that known now. it WILL have an impact on how some schools vote.

hester