[eDebate] And the Elephant In the Corner Is...

John Sullivan john
Mon Apr 17 21:29:15 CDT 2006

"Michael Eber" <eber at msu.edu> writes:

> 1) KICK OUR COLLECTIVE HABIT OF USING EXPENSIVE MEGA-HOTELS. This is the
> single greatest thing we could do as a community to save money. Some of the
> places we travel might be inevitably pricey (I'm thinking Los Angeles around
> New Years, for example). But most of them have plenty of hotels in the
> $50-$70 per night range rather than the present $70-100 per night standard.

Pre-merger, it was common for the tournament hotel at a CEDA tournament to be a
hotel in this price range. Debate was still fun. Also, you didn't have to worry
about whether it was OK for you to take the luggage cart out of the lobby to
move your tubs.

It seems to me that out-rounds were also more often on campus, but I'm trusting
my memory less on that one.

--
-John Sullivan
-http://www.wjsullivan.net