[eDebate] Campus Speaking areas

Jason Derby db8stuff
Tue Apr 18 13:56:14 CDT 2006

We had something similar to this at my last school (Southwestern College).
It as an area close to the student union that was immune to the approval
rule that was in place for the rest of campus (as far as posters and
handbills)

However,  as soon as the school paper printed an highly prejudicial and
racist article, a protest was staged by some of the students.  The
administration did not like the nature of the protest and made it known that
free speech was allowed only if was not spontaneous and approved by the
faculty.

Just my experince.