[eDebate] Elephants in cheap hotels

Jean-Paul Lacy lacyjp
Thu Apr 20 02:47:23 CDT 2006

>Imagine a world where instead of 4 people getting up to their hotel room
>to furiously rush to their laptops and get started on updates those 4
>people talked to each other, socialized, decompressed, watched a movie,
>took a long hot shower, SLEPT.  Doesn't this do more to create a sense of
>participation in the experience and a sense of community than retiring to
>our rooms and becoming cogs in the research machine? Wouldn't that make
>for happier people at 11 PM...better yet...wouldn't that make for happier
>people at 7 AM?

Veronica --

I agree with almost everything you say except this.

I mean, we play a game. One of the hardest games ever. To me, the best game
ever.

True, you can play the game at it best without having to hit the box until
alfer 11:00 pm every night. But for even those that do, don't you want
their best?

I've woken up late at 6:30 in the morning to see a debater researching
since 5:45 am...who am I to tell them to get back to sleep?

--JP Lacy