[eDebate] Additional Program Development Thought

Josh Hoe jbhdb8
Fri Apr 21 14:41:33 CDT 2006

Dr. Warner is right about the problems of creating revenue...Administrations
at State schools, especially in a decade where cuts to state budgets have
really cut higher ed funds, are turning more an more to a model requiring
you to raise your own funds. I know that trying to continually find revenue
streams through bad economic years in Michigan is truly challenging.  Sounds
like Ede is trying some interesting new ideas at Louisville.

I used to feel upset that I had to raise money and couldnt just "coach
debate" but I fear that is going to become more and more of an essential
debate coaching survival skill.

Anyway, I agree that the court decisions around Title 9 have much to do why
non-revenue generating sports remain on most college campsuses.

Josh