[eDebate] Additional Program Development Thought

NEIL BERCH berchnorto
Fri Apr 21 14:50:51 CDT 2006

One thing I find myself doing more often (and it sounds to me a lot like
what Ede is talking about) is referencing University strategic planning
goals whenever I either make a funding request or report on our activities.
Things like public debates (in our case in rural areas) and scholarly
collaboration with debaters resulting in conference papers and articles (a
goal of ours for the coming year) resonate with administrators.  I really do
think that's the direction we're going (funding is more targeted than it
used to be), and directors (especially at public universities) need to
adjust to this reality.
--Neil Berch
West Virginia University