[eDebate] The NDCA and Public Relations help for the community

Tara Tate tara_l_tate
Tue Aug 8 16:34:43 CDT 2006

Good afternoon debate colleagues!

One of the summer projects for the National Debate Coaches Association has
involved putting together a "Public Relations kit" for our website.  The
purpose of this kit is to provide coaches with a variety of materials that
they can use to promote debate with their administration.

I am seeking your help.  :)  If anyone has some cites for articles that is a
good, persuasive sell of debate, please let me know.  For example, I am
looking for material such as the USA TODAY article from a couple of years
ago that talked about CEOs looking at debate skills.  Anything that connects
debate to test scores, college/grad school admission, or business skills
would be fantastic.

If anyone else has some insight on some materials that would be good to
include on the NDCA website for this project, please let me know.  I will be
tapping some key individuals in our collective communities about submitting
letters about the importance of debate.

If you have gone through this battle with your administration (either on the
college level or high school level) and have some insight about materials
that could be included, please let me know.

Once completed, the NDCA will be be providing this as an open-access
resource on our website.

Tara Tate
President, National Debate Coaches Association
Director of Debate, Glenbrook South HS (IL)