[eDebate] FW: ADA mail ballot results

O'Donnell, Brett M. bodonnel
Wed Aug 16 08:30:07 CDT 2006

ADA Secretary Michael Hall asked me to post the following.

Brett M. O'Donnell

Director of Debate

Liberty University

1971 University Blvd.

Lynchburg, VA 24502

434-582-2080

________________________________

From: Hall, Michael P.
Sent: Wednesday, August 16, 2006 9:29 AM
To: O'Donnell, Brett M.
Subject: ADA mail ballot results

The results of the ADA mail ballot are as follows:

Proposal #1: Change "Article III, Section 4, C, 1, a" by adding the
following phrase at the end of the current rule:   "of which no more
than 18 rounds can be policy debate."

Passes 13 yes - 5 no

Proposal #2                 Eliminate "Article III, Section 4, C, 2"

Passes 10 yes - 7 no - 1 abstention

Proposal #3:  Change "Article I, Section 2" to read "TOPIC--The ADA will
adopt the policy topic approved by the Cross-Examination Debate
Association.  If CEDA does not adopt a policy topic, the ADA will adopt
the NDT policy resolution."

Fails 9 yes - 9 no

mph