[eDebate] FW: 2006 NCA Election

Steinberg, David L dave
Fri Aug 18 09:53:39 CDT 2006

I must admit that I do not know either of the candidates for NCA 2VP, however, this is an excerpt from the platform statement of Dr. Lynda Lee Kaid:

"My interest in communication first found expression during my years as a high school and university debater. Even now, the research and critical thinking skills I learned debating, assisting in high school debate workshops, and coaching debate and public speaking play a role in my everyday work."

David L. Steinberg, Director of Debate

University of Miami
PO Box 248127
Coral Gables, FL  33124

Wolfson Building #3015
305-284-5553 (office)
305-284-5216 (fax)

dave at miami.edu <mailto:dave at miami.edu>

________________________________

From: National Communication Association [mailto:cgibulkmessaging at natcom.org]
Sent: Fri 8/18/2006 10:30 AM
To: Steinberg, David L
Subject: 2006 NCA Election

Dear NCA Members,

Your are encouraged to vote in the 2006 NCA Election by going to http://www.natcom.org/memberballot.    The balloting will close promptly at 5 pm EST on Friday, September 15.

The National Communication Association has two excellent candidates for second vice-president:

Betsy Bach of the University of Montana.

Lynda Lee Kaid of the University of Florida

You can access their platforms at http://www.natcom.org/platforms

The candidate elected will serve NCA as an officer for four years.  She will create initiatives to fulfill the NCA strategic plan, oversee the 2008 NCA convention in San Diego (setting the theme and tone) and serve as the NCA president in 2009.

You can also vote for other colleagues to help lead NCA:

Up to THREE of the following NCA members as at-large members of the Legislative Assembly, the governing body of the association:

Bryant Alexander

Christian Beck

Stephen Depoe

Danette Ifert Johnson

Dreama Moon

Kelly Rocca

Up to FOUR of the following NCA members as at-large members of the Nominating Committee.  The Nominating Committee helps select the next slate of NCA candidates.

Jerry L. Allen

Sheri Bleam

Edward Brewer

Rex L. Crawley

Dina Dahbany-Miraglia

Ann Darling

Carolyn S. Ellis

Randy Hirokawa

Timothy Kuhn

Brain McGee

Valerie Renegar

Vershawn Young

Up to TWO of the following NCA members as at-large members of the Committee on Committees.  The C on C nominates members to serve on NCA governance boards as well as standing committees and award committees,

Shannon M. Brogan

Aimee Carrillo-Rowe

Dina Dahbany-Miraglia

Sharmilla Ferris

Randall Lake

H. Paul LeBalnc

Lance Lippert

Kathleen M. Long

Jennifer A. Samp

Theodore Sheckles

Helen Shugart

David Waite

Since its founding in 1914, the National Communication Association has become the largest professional association devoted to the scholarship, teaching and practice of ethical and effective communication.  In our 92 years, our growth to 7800 members has been fueled by so many scholars and teachers who volunteered to take on leadership responsibilities.

Today more than ever we thank this latest cadre of volunteers and ask you to cast your votes to select the next generation of leaders in the National Communication Association.