[eDebate] Wayne State Tournament--Oct 28-30

kelly young kel1773
Thu Aug 31 15:42:00 CDT 2006

Hello--

Just want to make a quick note that we are hosting the Motor City Classic
again this year, October 28-30. As requested by some folks, we tried to find
another date that did not conflict with Harvard, but it became impossible
given when we host a high school tournament and when other ADA tournaments
were hosted. I apologize again, but I will continue to try to find a better
date.

The tournament will follow same format as last year. Our tournament hotel
again will be the lovely Hyatt Regency in Dearborn. The cost of the rooms
has gone up slightly (to $99/night), but in-room internet access is thrown
in for free.

In addition, we have been asked to offer some sort of judge preference
system in the tournament. We will attempt to do so as long as the judging
pool allows us to do so. In the past, this has proven almost impossible
because so many teams demand hired judging from us. If you are concerned
about the quality of the judging pool, bring enough judges to cover your
entry, give your best judges more than 1 or 2 round commitments and we
should be able to make the system work.

I am about to leave town for a wedding. On my return, I will post a full
invite here and on the Debateresults site.

Kelly

Kelly M. Young, Ph.D.
Director of Forensics/
Assistant Professor