[eDebate] New DOF at the University of Denver

Logan Martin logan.martin
Wed Aug 2 13:45:14 CDT 2006

I would also like to extend public thanks to Zach for all his hard work as
DOF these past few years.  I can't think of a single person that I know in
any capacity, let alone debate, who has shown as much dedication and heart
to what he does.  No matter how little money he was given, how far he had to
drive, or how many cards he had to cut, or how many administrators he had to
argue with, Zach has never said "no" to this team the last two years and he
hasn't accepted any excuses from us.  Zach's the kind of coach that won't
let you walk into a single round expecting anything less than
victory...ever.  Zach is the kind of coach who could convince a brand new
debater with no experience that s/he can get a first round bid by the end of
their first season if s/he works hard enough, and, if anyone was as
dedicated as Z, they probably could.  Zach's the kind of debater who still
makes you feel like your round really matters if you're 0-7 before your last
prelim and he has another team with a chance to break.  He taught me the
meaning of the word "heart" and I am incredibly grateful to have been able
to debate under him for the last two years.

Thanks for everything, Zach, I won't forget it.

Logan Martin
University of Denver