[eDebate] no one ever gets to see videos of old debaters, but...

Darren Elliott delliott
Tue Aug 15 02:28:57 CDT 2006

Well to an extent I agree with Stannard overall, debate is better now.  Better in terms of quality of evidence and arguments.  Of course there are a lot less people debating now so I guess how you define better will determine your perspective.  "In the day" there were a lot more teams and a much bigger bottom.  Now we merely have fewer teams with everyone closer to the top.

But to say the best debaters back then were not up to snuff is totally out of touch.  And that is true of both NDT and CEDA.

chief
certainly not mourning the death of the counter warrant.

>>> "matt stannard" <stannardmatt at hotmail.com> 08/14/06 9:45 PM >>>
I'm a traitor to my generation, I guess.  Debate is much better now.

mjs