[eDebate] USC Alan Nichols Updates 12/05

Gordon Stables stables
Tue Dec 5 16:59:26 CST 2006

Greetings all,

I know this is a busy time of the year so I will try to keep the updates
to a minimum. Expect roughly one email per week as we get closer to the
event. This short list should allow us to best serve your needs during
the tournament.

1) Hotels - We have located an overflow block at The Westin Bonaventure
Hotel & Suites. The hotel information is: 404 South Figueroa Street ?
Los Angeles, California 90071 ? United States ? Phone: (213) 624-1000
http://www.starwoodhotels.com/westin/property/overview/index.html?propertyID=1004
The block will be listed as USC debate and the rate is $109 per room for
double-bed rooms. If you have any trouble making reservations or have
any issues at the Sheraton, please let me know.

2) Shuttle service - As mentioned in the invite, we will honor all
requests to shuttle participants made by December 17. If you need ground
transportation to and from the tournament each day, please let me know.
I will confirm that number to you and adjust your fees accordingly. We
are contracting the transportation to match the number of reservations,
so advance notice is a necessity.

3) Participant Numbers/Dietary Preferences - Please let us know your
hotel head-count for your group and include any dietary preferences
(i.e., vegan, etc.)

4) Judging - Traditionally we activate the judge prefs on the 26th. We
would like to be able to do so earlier this year, but we need your help.
Please enter the tournament at debateresults if you haven't done so
already. Please also adjust your judges to match your commitment. We
would like to be able to turn off entries on December 15th (next Friday)
and have a roughly final idea of the tournament field.

Best of luck with end of the semester and year happenings. Don't
hesitate to let me know if there is anything we can do to facilitate
your trip to LA.

Gordon

--

Gordon Stables, Ph.D.

Director of Debate

Annenberg School for Communication

University of Southern California

Office: 213 740 2759               Fax: 213 740 3913

http://usctrojandebate.com
 <http://usctrojandebate.com>