[eDebate] Videos from Koper Conference

Alfred Snider alfred.snider
Fri Dec 8 12:44:50 CST 2006

Here is some news about the videos I shot at the International
Conference on Argumentation, Rhetoric, Debate and the Pedagogy of
Empowerment in Koper a few days ago. They are now available on the
Internet for anyone who is interested.

They are fairly large files, so a good Internet connection is advised.
The best way to watch them is to download them (perhaps overnight) and
then watch them with either QuickTime (a free download at
http://www.apple.com/ <http://www.apple.com/>) or download iTunes (free
at http://www.apple.com/itunes/ ). I suggest iTunes as the best way.
Then watch and enjoy, play them for others, put them on a CD and share
them, etc.

The videos available are:

Keynote on Argumentation by Peter Houtlosser, "Strategic manoeuvring:
Conceptualisation and application"
http://debate.uvm.edu/debateblog/doctortuna/VideoBlog/B283E874-9E72-4D0C-8B0E-7ED1B60EEBC8.html

Keynote on Pedagogy by Alfred Snider, "Debate across the curriculum: the
next phase"
http://debate.uvm.edu/debateblog/doctortuna/VideoBlog/B00EAC1C-9B22-4290-BE98-E8FA97949D16.html

Keynote on Debate by Steve Woods, "Debate and the liberation from fear"
http://debate.uvm.edu/debateblog/doctortuna/VideoBlog/5AEB64BD-AFDD-4B6F-B581-BF20EB3773E3.html

Panel Discussion: Ten Years of Debate in Slovenia
http://debate.uvm.edu/debateblog/doctortuna/VideoBlog/C50146E2-76D8-4030-BB5F-AE594B35EB04.html

Thanks again for taking part in the event. Over 120 attended and over 80
papers were presented.

To see everything in my current online video library go to
http://www.uvm.edu/~debate/watch/ <http://www.uvm.edu/%7Edebate/watch/>

To see the blog posting about the conference go to
http://debate.uvm.edu/debateblog/doctortuna/Blog/A0E40000-12F1-4A09-8F19-70A7FB39E9A8.html

Thanks again, and I will see you in the future.

Tuna

--
Alfred C. Snider aka Tuna
Edwin Lawrence Professor of Forensics