[eDebate] UTD Tournament Update # 2 - The Westin

Scott Herndon scottaherndon
Thu Dec 14 12:53:05 CST 2006

Hi all,

Well, we have exceeded our block at the Westin, which is causing a problem
for some people trying to make reservations. We are sorry for the
inconvenience and we are working to resolve the issue as quickly as
possible. First, if you are holding onto to doubles but know you are
planning on dropping teams or you know that you can make do with a King,
please make the change to your reservation ASAP. There is another event at
the Westin Thursday and things are very cramped. Anything we can do to free
up some of the rooms in the block will be appreciated.

Second, we are working on getting a block rate at other local hotels to
accommodate the overflow from the Westin. We'll post to e-debate as soon as
there are more details on that front. We are also trying to negotiate to add
more rooms to the block at the Westin. Again, expect another post today with
more details on hotels.

That's all for now, stay tuned for further updates.

See you soon,

Scott Herndon