[eDebate] USC Alan Nichols Updates - 12/14

Gordon Stables stables
Thu Dec 14 18:14:11 CST 2006

Greetings all,

Hope your holidays are treating you well. Here is the USC tournament update. Please note the entry and shuttle deadlines are almost upon us.

1) Hotels - I am working on resolving a few minor issues with the hotel, but to my knowledge all tournament participants have been able to secure lodging. Let me know if you have not been able to do so.

2) Entries/Judging - Traditionally we activate the judge prefs on the 26th. We would like to be able to do so earlier this year, but we need your help. Please enter the tournament at debateresults if you haven't done so already. Please also adjust your judges to match your commitment.

As promised, we will be turning off entries tomorrow (December 15th)and have a roughly final idea of the tournament field.

3) Shuttle service - As mentioned in the invite, we will honor all requests to shuttle participants made by Sunday, December 17.

If you need ground transportation to and from the tournament each day, please let me know. I will confirm that number to you and adjust your fees accordingly. We are contracting the transportation to match the number of reservations, so advance notice is a necessity. I cannot ensure that any reservations made after Sunday will be honored.

I have shuttle reservations from: Binghamton, CUNY, Georgia, Gonzaga, Mary Washington,  Michigan, Missouri State, North Texas, Texas and Towson. If you are expecting a shuttle to and from the hotel each day, please let me know ASAP.

4) Participant Numbers/Dietary Preferences - Please let us know your hotel head-count for your group and include any dietary preferences (i.e., vegan, etc.)

Best of luck with end of the semester and year happenings. Don't hesitate to let me know if there is anything we can do to facilitate your trip to LA.

Gordon

--

Gordon Stables, Ph.D.

Director of Debate

Annenberg School for Communication

University of Southern California

Office: 213 740 2759               Fax: 213 740 3913

http://usctrojandebate.com
 <http://usctrojandebate.com>