[eDebate] NJDDT Invite...

Terri Easley teasley3
Wed Dec 20 17:28:48 CST 2006

32nd National Junior Division Debate Tournament
Mid-America CEDA Champs
Johnson County Community College
March 17-19, 2007
Friends:
I would like to invite you to attend the 2007 National Junior Division
Debate Tournament. All debaters who meet the CEDA definition for Junior
Varsity eligibility are encouraged to enter the NJDDT. It will offer 8
rounds of policy debate. In addition, we will offer a separate tournament
for Novice and Open divisions. Under the title of the Mid-America CEDA
Championships, these divisions will also offer 8 rounds of policy debate.
The following information should help you with your arrangements. If you
have any questions, or if I can be of any other assistance do not hesitate to
contact me. Please join us in March for what I expect to be a competitive
and rewarding experience.
Sincerely,
Terri Easley
Director of Debate
Johnson County Community College
12345 College Blvd.
Overland Park, Kansas 66210
913-469-8500 Ext. 4587
teasley3 at jccc.edu
LODGING:
We will be using the same hotel as last year -- the Radisson located at I-35 and 95th Street.  The rate is $69 a night for doubles.  High-speed wireless internet is available in the lobby/atrium of the hotel and all of the rooms.
Radisson - Lenexa: 12601 West 95th Street, Lenexa, KS, 66215-3895, (913) 888-6670
When making reservations, please mention NJDDT - National Junior Division Debate Tournament to get the tournament rate.  If you have any problems, contact me or Eileen in Sales at 913-217-2309.  Please reserve rooms soon as the block is only held until Feb. 26, 2007.  After that date, it will be on an availability basis.
We strongly encourage you to stay at the Radisson, but if you need other
options for lodging please let me know.
TRANSPORTATION:
For transportation from the Kansas City airport to Overland Park, we
recommend Quicksilver Shuttle if you are not renting a car. The phone number is 913- 262-0905. If other accommodations are needed please let me know.
ENTRIES, JUDGES & FEES:
There is no limit on entries provided there are judges to cover them. It is
difficult to find hired judges, so please let me know early if you need to
hire and I will see what can be done. The entry fees are $100 per debate
team and $100 judge fee per uncovered team. Please make checks payable to
Johnson County Community College. Each judge covers 2 teams or portion
thereof. One team requires a 4 round commitment. ALL JUDGES ARE COMMITTED FOR THE FIRST OUTROUND AND MUST BE AVAILABLE TO JUDGE ONE ROUND AFTER HIS/HER TEAMS HAVE BEEN ELIMINATED.
We will use the Bruschke Online Entry System.  Entries are due by 5:00 pm on Tuesday, March 13, 2007.
TAB ROOM:
Jeff Jarman, of Wichita State University, has once again graciously agreed to direct the tab room.
DIVISIONS:
The NJDDT is open to all debaters eligible for Junior Varsity divisions as defined by the CEDA by-laws for the JV National Championship exception. The Mid-America CEDA Championships is open to all debaters eligible for Novice or Open divisions. We will adhere to the CEDA guidelines for eligibility in each division.
TOPIC:
Each division will use the 2006-2007 policy debate topic. Time limits for
the tournament are 9-3-6 with 10 minutes prep.
DEBATES:
The tournament will operate according to the following guidelines.
Each team will debate 4 affirmative and 4 negative rounds. In both
preliminary and elimination rounds, judges will be required to make a
decision awarding one team a win, one team a loss, and award speaker points
and ranks to each participant in the debate. The number of elimination
rounds will be based on the entries within each division. Elimination round
participants will be determined by (1) win-loss record, (2) adjusted speaker
points, (3) total speaker points. Brackets will NOT be broken in
elimination rounds.
Rounds 1-4 will be preset.
Rounds 5 and 7 will be high-high within brackets.
Rounds 6 and 8 will be high-low within brackets.
Some form of judge preference will be used.
Hybrid teams are eligible to compete and qualify for elimination rounds.  JCCC teams may participate in the tournament and advance to elimination rounds.
The NJDDT and the MACC support and will comply with the CEDA Statement on
Sexual Harassment and Discrimination and the Statement of Ethical
Principles.
AWARDS:
All teams qualifying for elimination rounds will receive awards. The top
speakers in each division will also receive awards.

SCHEDULE: All rounds are held on JCCC campus
Friday, March 16, 2007
7:00 pm - 10:00 pm Registration at the Radisson - Jayhawk Boardroom
Saturday, March 17, 2007
8:00 Breakfast at the school
8:30 Round One
11:00 Round Two
1:30 - 2:30 Lunch at the school
2:30 Round Three
5:00 Round Four
Sunday, March 18, 2007
7:00 Pairings released at the Radisson
7:30 Breakfast at the school
8:00 Round Five
11:00 Round Six
2:00 - 3:00 Lunch at the school
3:30 Round Seven
6:30 Round Eight
ASAP Breaks released at the Radisson
Monday, March 19, 2007
7:00 Pairings released at the Radisson
8:00 Breakfast at the school
8:30 First Elimination Round
11:30 Awards
                        Other elims to follow

The information contained in this e-mail and any attachments thereto ("e-mail") is sent by the Johnson County Community College ("JCCC") and is intended to be confidential and for the use of only the individual or entity named above. The information may be protected by federal and state privacy and disclosures acts or other legal rules. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are notified that retention, dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error please immediately notify JCCC by email reply and immediately and permanently delete this e-mail message and any attachments thereto. Thank you.