[eDebate] UTD Tournament Update #3

Burk, Christopher R crb012000
Fri Dec 22 14:42:22 CST 2006

Hello Everyone,
We are looking forward to hosting a Texas-sized tournament. Here's some news for those of you planning to attend.

1. Judging. The tournament needs more judges and more rounds. Coaches should go ahead and enter all teams & judges they will bring on the Bruschke website. Judges should contact me or Scott Herndon if you would be willing to volunteer or to be hired for extra rounds. We are also seeking to hire extra judges. So if you know someone who might be available to judge then please let us know. I believe that Brian Lain at UNT is also seeking some extra judging.

2. We are finalizing food orders. Please enter the food preferences in the Bruschke system if you have not already done so.

3. The Westin Park Central is booked solid from Thursday night and Friday night. Or at least that is what they tell us. Some people have been successful in reserving a King room or a Suite despite reports that the Westin in full. If you still need rooms then you can continue to attempt to get into the Westin through the website.  The website for the tournament block is http://www.starwoodmeeting.com/Book/utddt and our Westin contact person is Paul Ruby.

4. An alternate hotel is the Clarion Hotel Park Central. It is located just east of the Westin and within walking distance. The hotel website indicates that king rooms are available there for $75/night and double rooms for $84/night.  We do not have a block with this hotel or specific contact person. If you are interested in rooms at the Clarion then you can contact the hotel directly.
Clarion Hotel Park Central
8102 LBJ Freeway, Dallas, TX, US, 75251
Phone: (972) 960-6555
Fax: (972) 960-6553
http://www.choicehotels.com/

5. Transportation. We at UTD cannot provide any location transportation. It is just not possible. If you still need to secure a rental vehicle then I have two leads. The first is Capps Van Rental and http://www.cappsvanrental.com/ is the website. Second is Enterprise. The Westin Park Central has a discount code available to its guests. It is will get discounts through Enterprise. The code is 09E1179  - Westin Park Central. You can contact Enterprise at 1-800-Rent A Car. Be sure to indicate you are a corporate class member and then give them this number.

Please contact me if you have any tournament-related questions, concerns, or requests.

Sincerely,
Raoul Duke

"...with the right kind of eyes you can almost see the high-water mark ? that place where the wave finally broke and rolled back."