[eDebate] ...or not salvation

GatorDebate at aol.com GatorDebate
Mon Dec 4 12:59:38 CST 2006

In a message dated 12/4/2006 1:55:38 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
GatorDebate at aol.com writes:

I agree Josh that the system is flawed.  I also agree that there  aren't
enough matchups between the "power" teams from each conference to  determine which
conference is best/tougher.  I can say that the SEC is  10-6 over the past
three seasons which is a solid win % relative to other  conferences.  Ultimately
you are right that the system is too  subjective.

I meant to say 10-6 in bowl games.  We also have some evidence  of strength
between the SEC and other conferences by looking at some of the  bigger
matchups this year:

Florida beat Florida State (don't write off the rivalry games, just ask  USC)
Georgia beat Georgia Tech
South Carolina beast Clemson
LSU beat Arizona (crushed them...the same team that beat the most overrated
team in the Pac-10, Cal)
Tennessee beat Cal

Sure this isn't exactly the best versus the best but it is at least some
evidence that the SEC can hold its own against teams from other BCS  conferences.

frank

Frank P.  Irizarry
Debate Coach/Lecturer/Doctoral Student
University of  Florida
Center for Written and Oral Communication
413 Rolfs Hall
PO Box  112032
Gainesville, FL 32611-2032
Tel: 352-392-5421 (Office)