[eDebate] another late night TV debate reference

Hingstman, David dbhingst
Thu Dec 7 15:18:15 CST 2006

John Sexton came from very modest circumstances.  He was the debate
coach at St. Brendan's High School in Brooklyn, NY, an all-girls
school that is now closed  He coached some of the finest policy teams
in the country in the mid-70s, and they traveled across the country.
It was rumored that he convinced the nuns in charge to require every
girl at the school to cut cards as part of their homework!   He then
went to Harvard Law School and participated in some of the events
which are chronicled in the book "One-L."  John also started an
extremely successful LSAT prep course that was eventually bought by
Kaplan for several million dollars.  He clerked in the federal
judiciary after law school, and then became a professor and later
dean of the Law School at NYU.

Dr. Dave