[eDebate] ans Stannard

Michael Korcok mmk_savant
Sat Jul 8 02:36:22 CDT 2006

ah i block assjack's e-mail these days.  he is even more aggravating than you.  what are you, his butler now?

i rarely cast the first stone, Matt, but I certainly don't give free shots.

i absolutely think that public debate and deliberation are important.  but there is a difference between public debate and harassment.
and too many folks on the far left have no interest in public debate:  their interest is in getting their voice heard, their message out, in getting their way, in denigrating and harassing those who disagree with them.  that is using debate as an excuse to play politics.  the far right does the same thing when they are out of power and out of ideas.

and i wouldn't have written "just shut up and debate" if I thought there was any substantial chance that folks actually wanted to DEBATE rather than ADVOCATE the ideological positions they were already certain of.  but both the far left and the far right are wholly interested in pushing their fringe ideologies.  no thanks... as the One-and-only-Real Jack said... "go sell crazy someplace else... we're all stocked up here."

Michael Korcok
Try Live.com - your fast, personalized homepage with all the things you care about in one place.
http://www.live.com/getstarted