[eDebate] ans Stannard

matt stannard stannardmatt
Sat Jul 8 08:24:47 CDT 2006

Well, congratulations.  You proved me wrong on #2 (or you at least claim to
value deliberation), and you proved me glaringly correct on #1 (you are
incapable of having a debate with people on the left without attacking us,
calling us names, and even in this case attributing motives to us by telling
us what we're interested in (I thought it was the left that was overly
reductionist, Mike).

Is there a threshold between public deliberation/debate and advocating
positions we believe in?  Since when have you ever expressed a willingness,
at least in this forum, to deliberate rather than advocate?

stannard