[eDebate] Topic Areas: Unofficial - (but witnessed)

debate at ou.edu debate
Fri Jun 2 20:30:41 CDT 2006

I am no official member of the topic committee, and these are from the meeting, rechecked with the blog.

It is my understanding these are the topic choices on the ballot for the 2006-2007 topic choices.

FYI - The specific cases will have the case numbers identified on the ballot!

Area #1 ?

The United States Supreme Court should curtail the protection provided for free speech by the First Amendment of the United States? Constitution by overruling one or more of its decisions on obscenity, hate speech, and/or campaign finance.

List # 1:
The United States Supreme Court should overrule one or more of the following decisions
?	Planned Parenthood v. Casey (1992)
?	Ex parte Quirin (1942)
?	U.S. v. Morrison (2000)
?	Milliken v. Bradley (1974)
?	Gratz v. Bollinger (2003)
List #2:
The United States Supreme Court should overrule one or more of the following decisions
?	Planned Parenthood v. Casey (1992)
?	Ex parte Quirin (1942)
?	U.S. v. Morrison (2000)
?	Milliken v. Bradley (1974)
?	Gratz v. Bollinger (2003)
?	Terry v. Ohio (1968)
?	City of Boerne v. Flores (1997)

List #3:
The United States Supreme Court should overrule one or more of the following decisions
?	Ex parte Quirin (1942)
?	U.S. v. Morrison (2000)
?	Milliken v. Bradley (1974)
?	Gratz v. Bollinger (2003)
?	City of Boerne v. Flores (1997)
?	American Booksellers v. Hudnut (1986)

List #4
The United States Supreme Court should overrule one or more of the following decisions
?	Planned Parenthood v. Casey (1992)
?	Ex parte Quirin (1942)
?	U.S. v. Morrison (2000)
?	Milliken v. Bradley (1974)
?	Gratz v. Bollinger (2003)
?	City of Boerne v. Flores (1997)
?	Terry v. Ohio (1968)
?	Gregg v. Georgia (1976)

List #5
The United States Supreme Court should overrule one or more of the following decisions
?	Planned Parenthood v. Casey (1992)
?	U.S. v. Morrison (2000)
?	Milliken v. Bradley (1974)
?	Gratz v. Bollinger (2003)
?	City of Boerne v. Flores (1997)
?	Gregg v. Georgia (1976)

List #6
The United States Supreme Court should overrule one or more of the following decisions
?	Planned Parenthood v. Casey (1992)
?	Ex parte Quirin (1942)
?	U.S. v. Morrison (2000)
?	Milliken v. Bradley (1974)